Below is a reference guide for the many different ways in which Canadians can get access to lounges in Canada and abroad. Note that there may be errors or omissions, and if there are, I’d appreciate a comment below to rectify any issues.
There are a number of ways to access airport lounges:
- Obtain a credit card that contains airport lounge access (e.g., American Express Platinum Club Program and Airport Club Program)
- Buy a Priority Pass / Maple Leaf Lounge / American Express membership directly
- Airline Specific Lounges
- Purchase a day pass (Maple Leaf Lounge)
- Have status with a carrier
- Fly in premium cabins
Personal Canadian Credit Cards With Point Sign-Up Bonuses and Lounge Access
- American Express AeroplanPlus Reserve: Maple Leaf Lounge; unlimited access with Priority Pass Membership
- American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum: Maple Leaf Lounge; unlimited access with Priority Pass Membership
- American Express Platinum: Unlimited access to more than 200 domestic and international airport lounges for cardholder, as well as one travel companion or a spouse and two dependents under age 21.
- New American Express Air Miles Reserve: Four Priority Pass
- BMO Air Miles World Elite MasterCard: Priority Pass membership and two complimentary passes per year
- BMO World Elite MasterCard: Priority Pass membership and four complimentary passes per year.
- ScotiaBank American Express Platinum: VIP Lounges. Primary Cardmembers receive complimentary membership plus 10 free visits per year from the date of enrolment. Once you have used up your complimentary visits, each lounge visit will be charged at $27 USD** per person.
- Scotiabank Gold American Express: 35% off the pass ($99) +$27 daily rate for each lounge visit.
- TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege: Four complimentary one-time guest passes to any Maple Leaf Lounge when travelling on an Aeroplan flight reward operated by Air Canada.
- RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege: Can take advantage of a set number of complimentary lounge visits per year.
- Access is not affiliated with any given airline.
- 700 Lounges Worldwide – largest independent airport lounge access program
- In Canada there are Priority Pass Lounges in Calgary (YYC), Edmonton (YEG), Montreal (YUL), Quebec (YQB), Toronto (YYZ), and Vancouver (YVR)
Priority Pass Fees (Current 10% off rates – reflected in price indicated below)
- Standard Fee: $89 + $27per visit + $27 guest visit fee (US$)
- Standard Plus Fee: 224 = 10 “free” visits following which $27per visit + $27 guest visit fee (US$)
- Prestige Fee: $359 + $27 guest visit fee (US$)
- Access only when flying on Air Canada or Star Alliance flights
- Locations have varying facilities and access restrictions: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Regina, St. John’s, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Los Angeles CA, New York- LaGuardia, Fantfurt, London – Heathrow, Paris
Maple Leaf Lounge Annual Fees
- Canada: $337
- North America Plus: $445
- Worldwide: $599
Maple Leaf Lounge access also available to:
- American Express Aeroplan Plus Reserve Credit Card
- America Express Platinum Credit Card
- American Express Aeroplan Plus Corporate Platinum Credit Card
- Business/First Class
- Altitude 100K, 75K, 50K, 35K members
- Star Alliance Gold Members
- Aeroplan Members Can Use Points to Obtain Lounge Access