There are several “meal in a box” delivery companies in Canada, such a Chef’s Plate and Hello Fresh. The idea is they provide you with pre-portioned ingredients and instructions to make a meal, typically in 30 – 45 minutes. The ingredients are delivered to your home or office on a subscription basis in a cool-packaged container.
Goodfood is a subscription “meal in a box” company based in Montreal. Right now, they’re giving away $87 as a discount to subscribe to their service. If you choose the Classic Basket with four dinners to serve two people, your first order will be free. While you are agreeing to a subscription, there is no obligation to continue your subscription after receiving your free order. Essentially they are giving you a week’s worth of dinners as part of their cost of customer acquision.
It’s easy to get your free food:
- Visit Goodfood and click Sign Up in the right-hand corner of the page;
- Select your meal order. The best value order you can get for free is a Classic Basket with four meals serving two people. Ignore the pricing for now;
- Register with an e-mail and password;
- On the right-hand side of the page, you’ll see the total cost. In the Promo Code box, enter WC5TLSV – the total will become $0;
- Complete the order with your information. You’ll need to enter a credit card or a pre-paid credit card;
- After ordering, you’ll be directed to a page to select your free meals for the week. Note the delivery date they provide.
If you decide not to continue with the subscription after receiving your free box, you can use the chat function on their website to cancel before the subscription cut-off period. The cut-off period will depend on which day you enter for your desired delivery date. Their website states:
“Wednesdays before 11:59pm (EST) for deliveries on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Saturdays before 11:59pm (EST) for deliveries on Thursdays and Fridays.”
There’s no published expiry for this deal, so it could end at any time.
Note – my Goodfood referral link is included in this post. I have no formal relationship with Goodfood.